A Better Kind of Career Advice
Many teens (and adults, too) struggle with figuring out what to do for a career. Often this leads to vocational anxiety, which can result in hasty decision making or avoidance of the topic. It can be an overwhelming process, especially during a time when there is so much on everyone’s plates. Please watch the video for additional information:
“Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes,
and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted.” – Garrison Keillor
Simple, yet thorough, our process is proven and your child’s coach will assist at every step.
Discerning. Comprehensive. Personalized.
Demands are Everywhere
Expectations to perform well are higher than ever. Competition is fierce. We understand and are here to help navigate this uncharted terrain.
Our coaches provide individualized career guidance through one-on-one sessions for as long as you and your teen need them. We don’t just give a few surveys, throw together a report and then disappear. Nor is this a mandated process where an entire school works feverishly through an abbreviated set of prescribed questions that yield inadequate results.
It’s been said that, “People tend to support what they help to create.” Our collaborative career exploration process will provide your teen a sense of ownership and active involvement in identifying and pursuing a satisfying career that best fits the unique person they are.
Helping Them Find Meaningful Careers
We spend the time to get to know your children, carefully analyze their specific interests and natural talents and then design an individualized report that shows them an array of career options that best fit the unique people they are.
In short, we offer personal career fit insight that is both extensive and customized.
There are many work-life options available, so helping your child develop a workable list of potential careers serves as a great resource to engage in meaningful and timely career exploration. Our coaches will:
- Discuss each career with your teen
- Describe some associated responsibilities
- Highlight potential experiences they could gain
The results of this discussion yields a “short list” of careers that can be further investigated and narrowed down, until there’s only one left! That means they’re less likely to change majors or take extra time to graduate, saving you some headaches and dollars.
We know you’re busy, so our coaches are available at every step and decision point if desired. Our objective is to provide real career options and detailed, insightful information so your child is excited about the next steps.
“There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children.
One of these is roots, the other, wings.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pricing for our client focused services starts at $850 and includes the following individualized support:
- Two, in person one-on-one sessions held with a master’s level professional career coach, with an option for a third follow up session
- The guided delivery and interpretation of 4 assessments that help clients realize their cognitive strengths, career interest profile, and character strengths, in addition to providing new insights and highlighting personal resources for managing stressful transitions.
- A highly focused and customized integrated final report that aligns clients’ strengths and interests to potential career paths that are a good fit.
- A workable, collaborative SMART action plan that outlines the progressive next steps for further exploration and ultimate successful decision making.
- Unlimited access to Virtual Job Shadow for 1 year. This online career exploration resource provides detailed information about hundreds of jobs including:
- Videos that show people talking about and working in their professions
- Descriptions and examples
- Salary and growth outlook
- Lists of professional associations
- Job (PT/FT) and internship opportunities customized to a client’s location
Scholarships are also available for qualified candidates! Please click here to contact us for more information on how to apply.
Parents wish they would have had access to something like this when they were teenagers and many believe it would have saved time and money along the way:
“I liked that the experience gave my son a way to link his interests with possible careers.”
– Kara, Parent
More Clear Now
“It clarified for my son that he has a lot of interests, not just one passion, which has led to him exploring business and entrepreneurial pursuits in college.”
– Jacque, Parent
“If your child knows exactly what he/she wants to do for a career or if he/she has no idea whatsoever, this process is for them. It will focus on the right career choice.”
– Debbie, Parent